Texans WR Andre Johnson named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texans WR Andre Johnson was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month after leading the AFC in receptions (35), receiving yards (614) and yards from scrimmage (614) while helping the Texans to a 4-0 mark in November.
Johnson averaged 153.5 receiving yards per game in November. He established franchise records with 14 receptions for 273 yards in an overtime win against Jacksonville in Week 11. His lone touchdown of the month was a 48-yard catch and run with 2:01 remaining in OT against the Jaguars to win the game.
Four days later, Johnson followed his record-setting performance with nine receptions for 188 yards in a Thanksgiving Day OT win at Detroit. His efforts against Jacksonville and Detroit combined for the greatest back-to-back receiving performance in NFL history at 461 yards.
Johnson's big month vaulted him from ranking 18th in receptions (34) and yards (444) to sixth (69) and third (1,058 yards), respectively in the NFL this season.
He becomes the second Texan to win player of the month honors in 2012 after DE J.J. Watt was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for September.
Johnson previously won the award in October of 2008 and is the second Texan to win AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors twice. Texans RB Arian Foster was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month in September of 2010 and October of 2011.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 2 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 21 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids