Texans sign former U of H standout Stanford Routt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Texans desperately need healthy bodies in their defensive backfield, and former University of Houston cornerback Stanford Routt has been looking for a place to play.
On Tuesday, the Texans moved to sign Routt in advance of the Monday night trip to New England. Routt's a 7-year NFL veteran with some speed, but he's also been cut twice recently by Oakland and Kansas City.
Reports say Routt missed curfew and tangled with coaches in Kansas City.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 23 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 1 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat