Texans sign former U of H standout Stanford Routt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Texans desperately need healthy bodies in their defensive backfield, and former University of Houston cornerback Stanford Routt has been looking for a place to play.
On Tuesday, the Texans moved to sign Routt in advance of the Monday night trip to New England. Routt's a 7-year NFL veteran with some speed, but he's also been cut twice recently by Oakland and Kansas City.
Reports say Routt missed curfew and tangled with coaches in Kansas City.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos