Texans sign former U of H standout Stanford Routt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Texans desperately need healthy bodies in their defensive backfield, and former University of Houston cornerback Stanford Routt has been looking for a place to play.
On Tuesday, the Texans moved to sign Routt in advance of the Monday night trip to New England. Routt's a 7-year NFL veteran with some speed, but he's also been cut twice recently by Oakland and Kansas City.
Reports say Routt missed curfew and tangled with coaches in Kansas City.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while retrieving keys 42 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos