Eight Houston Texans named to AFC Pro Bowl roster, along with five alternates
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The accolades continue rolling in for this season's record-setting Houston Texans.
The AFC Pro Bowl roster was announced Wednesday and a team-record eight Texans made the team.
The players receiving the honors, with number of Pro Bowl selections in parentheses, are wide reciever Andre Johnson (6), running back Arian Foster (3), quarterback Matt Schaub (2), offensive tackle Duane Brown (1), center Chris Myers (2), guard Wade Smith (1), defensive end J.J. Watt (1) and cornerback Johnathan Joseph (2).
Foster, Johnson, Joseph, Brown and Watt were all named starters.
Houston's eight Pro Bowlers are the most of any team in the AFC this season and are the most in team history, surpassing the previous high of five back in 2009. The five starters are also a team record. This marks the ninth consecutive season that the Texans have had at least one player selected to the Pro Bowl.
Texans LB Bryan Braman, FB James Casey, TE Owen Daniels, SS Danieal Manning and DE Antonio Smith were named as alternates for the AFC squad.
The Texans are 12-3 and look to clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with a win Sunday in Indianapolis.
The Pro Bowl will be played in Honolulu, Hawaii on Jan. 27, 2013.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Wind damage in River Oaks area