Texans sign former U of H QB Case Keenum and former A&M QB Stephen McGee
HOUSTON -- Former Houston quarterback Case Keenum and former Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee are among eight players signed to reserve/future contracts by the Houston Texans.
The 6-foot Keenum spent last season on Houston's practice squad after signing as an undrafted free agent. The 6-3 McGee was a fourth-round pick by Dallas in 2009. He played in only three games for the Cowboys before he was cut at the end of training camp in 2012.
Defensive end Keith Browner, tight end Jake Byrne, receiver Jeff Maehl, linebackers Delano Johnson and Mike Mohamed and tackle Nick Mondek were also signed by Houston on Thursday. Maehl appeared in three games for Houston in 2011 after signing as an undrafted free agent. Mondek was a sixth-round pick by Houston in last year's draft.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Body found inside burned out postal worker's Jeep 11 min ago
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Notice smoke and haze across the Houston area?
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Some lost everything to North Texas tornadoes
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Pct. 6 Constable Trevino center of new investigation
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Houston Ship Channel signals healthy economy
- Barry Manilow concert in The Woodlands postponed
- otrc: Emma Watson talks 'tramp stamp'
- abcnews: Pat Robertson tells cheater's wife 'He's a...
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos