Texans sign former U of H QB Case Keenum and former A&M QB Stephen McGee
HOUSTON -- Former Houston quarterback Case Keenum and former Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee are among eight players signed to reserve/future contracts by the Houston Texans.
The 6-foot Keenum spent last season on Houston's practice squad after signing as an undrafted free agent. The 6-3 McGee was a fourth-round pick by Dallas in 2009. He played in only three games for the Cowboys before he was cut at the end of training camp in 2012.
Defensive end Keith Browner, tight end Jake Byrne, receiver Jeff Maehl, linebackers Delano Johnson and Mike Mohamed and tackle Nick Mondek were also signed by Houston on Thursday. Maehl appeared in three games for Houston in 2011 after signing as an undrafted free agent. Mondek was a sixth-round pick by Houston in last year's draft.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 52 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie 25 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded