Texans DE J.J. Watt to take part in USO trip to military bases throughout Middle East
NEW YORK -- NFL stars J.J. Watt, Von Miller and Champ Bailey will take part in a weeklong visit to U.S. troops at military bases throughout the Middle East.
The league said Monday that Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith, Cleveland Browns linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph will also be on the trip.
The NFL and USO have been organizing overseas visits with players for more than 45 years.
Watt, the Houston Texans defensive end, is the reigning Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year. Miller, the Broncos linebacker, joined him on the All-Pro first team. Bailey, Miller's Denver teammate, was a second-team cornerback.
This is the first NFL-USO tour abroad for all six players.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston