Texans DE J.J. Watt to take part in USO trip to military bases throughout Middle East
NEW YORK -- NFL stars J.J. Watt, Von Miller and Champ Bailey will take part in a weeklong visit to U.S. troops at military bases throughout the Middle East.
The league said Monday that Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith, Cleveland Browns linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph will also be on the trip.
The NFL and USO have been organizing overseas visits with players for more than 45 years.
Watt, the Houston Texans defensive end, is the reigning Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year. Miller, the Broncos linebacker, joined him on the All-Pro first team. Bailey, Miller's Denver teammate, was a second-team cornerback.
This is the first NFL-USO tour abroad for all six players.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents die from blunt force trauma 5 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 7 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test 58 min ago
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 45 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 41 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
23 min ago