Texans DE J.J. Watt enjoying his USO visit with U.S. troops in Middle East
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Only J.J. Watt does a USO tour like this.
The Texans defensive end jumped right in with U.S. troops stationed in the Middle East, climbing in helicopters and playing flag football.
Watt is spending a week in the Middle East along with other NFL stars like Denver's Von Miller and Champ Bailey, Carolina's Steve Smith, Browns linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph will also be on the trip.
This is the first NFL-USO tour abroad for all six players. The NFL and USO have been organizing overseas visits with players for more than 45 years.
Watt is the reigning Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 7 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 15 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 23 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 21 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash