Texans DE J.J. Watt enjoying his USO visit with U.S. troops in Middle East
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Only J.J. Watt does a USO tour like this.
The Texans defensive end jumped right in with U.S. troops stationed in the Middle East, climbing in helicopters and playing flag football.
Watt is spending a week in the Middle East along with other NFL stars like Denver's Von Miller and Champ Bailey, Carolina's Steve Smith, Browns linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph will also be on the trip.
This is the first NFL-USO tour abroad for all six players. The NFL and USO have been organizing overseas visits with players for more than 45 years.
Watt is the reigning Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard