Texans release preseason schedule, including game vs. Cowboys
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Texans released their 2013 preseason schedule and the team will do battle with their in-state rival.
Houston will play Dallas at Cowboys Stadium to close out the preseason, after a road game at the Vikings and home games against the Dolphins and Saints.
The Texans will open the preseason in Minnesota, taking on the Vikings for the third consecutive preseason and fourth time in five years. Houston then hosts the Dophins in their preseason home opener at Reliant Stadium. It will be the first preseason matchup between the two teams since they faced off on Aug 24, 2002 in the first-ever game played at Reliant Stadium.
Then Houston and New Orleans will meet for the sixth straight year and seventh time ever in the preseason. The game will be televised nationally, the fifth consecutive year the Texans have had a game on national TV.
For the preseason finale, the two Texas teams have split their six previous preseason contests, with the home team coming away victorious each time. The two squads last matched up in the preseason in 2010, when Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips was the head coach of the Cowboys. Houston won that contest 23-7 in a primetime matchup.
Dates and times for preseason games airing on ABC13 will be released at a later date.
The 2013 preseason schedule (all times CT):
- Week 1, TBA: at Minnesota Vikings (KTRK-TV) TBA
- Week 2, TBA: MIAMI DOLPHINS (KTRK-TV) TBA
- Sunday, Aug 25: NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (National TV) 3pm
- Week 4, TBA: at Dallas Cowboys (KTRK-TV) TBA
ABC13 is the Official Television Home of the Houston Texans.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 8 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 21 min ago
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?