Houston Texans RB Arian Foster lands acting role in 'Draft Day' movie
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston Texans star running back Arian Foster will bring his acting talents to the big screen this offseason.
Foster will play a role in the film, 'DRAFT DAY,' starring Kevin Costner and directed by Ivan Reitman. The script was written by Rajiv Joseph and Scott Rothman. Filming of the dramedy is starting this week in New York City in time to film scenes during the actual 2013 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall.
In the movie, on the day of the NFL Draft, Browns GM Sonny Weaver (Costner) has the opportunity to save football in Cleveland when he trades for the number one pick. He must quickly decide what he's willing to sacrifice in pursuit of perfection as the lines between his personal and professional life become blurred on a life-changing day for a few hundred young men with dreams of playing in the NFL.
Foster will play Ray Jennings, a potential draft pick in the movie.
Denis Leary, Sean Combs, Ellen Burstyn, Chadwick Boseman, Terry Crews, Rosanna Arquette, Chi McBride and Frank Langella round out the cast.
The film will also feature NFL players Demario Davis, James Brewer, Ramses Barden, Zoltan Mesko, and Stephen Hill, as well as NFL and ESPN on-air talent Jon Gruden, Mike Mayock, Deion Sanders, Rich Eisen, Mel Kiper and Chris Berman.
Foster had a role earlier this year on 'Hawaii 5-0' on CBS.
DRAFT DAY is produced by Summit Entertainment, a LIONSGATE company, and OddLot Entertainment, along with the Montecito Picture Company. OddLot is co-financing the film. Producing the film with Reitman is OddLot's CEO Gigi Pritzker along with Joe Medjuck, and Ali Bell via the Montecito Picture Company banner. Montecito's Tom Pollock and Michael Buegg will executive produce.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail