Texans, Houston Rodeo announce new naming rights deal at Reliant Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans and Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo are not saying how much money they are getting in a new naming rights deal at Reliant Stadium.
The Texans and HLSR Monday announced a 5-year sponsorship agreement with BHP Billiton Petroleum. The company's name is now on the northeast gate at Reliant Stadium. The company will support a Texans program benefiting volunteers from United Way agencies and sponsor the Texans' first home game.
"Our Liberty Whiteout game -- this year the Tennessee Titans -- our presenting partner wrapped all around that entire game day is BHP Billiton," said Texans President Jamey Rootes.
BHP Billiton is now also the main sponsor of the rodeo's Armed Forces Day.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 13 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 13 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 41 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns