Texans, Houston Rodeo announce new naming rights deal at Reliant Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans and Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo are not saying how much money they are getting in a new naming rights deal at Reliant Stadium.
The Texans and HLSR Monday announced a 5-year sponsorship agreement with BHP Billiton Petroleum. The company's name is now on the northeast gate at Reliant Stadium. The company will support a Texans program benefiting volunteers from United Way agencies and sponsor the Texans' first home game.
"Our Liberty Whiteout game -- this year the Tennessee Titans -- our presenting partner wrapped all around that entire game day is BHP Billiton," said Texans President Jamey Rootes.
BHP Billiton is now also the main sponsor of the rodeo's Armed Forces Day.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 46 min ago
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 33 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows 17 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1