Houston Texans sign 4th-round pick, LB Trevardo Williams
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed fourth-round draft pick linebacker Trevardo Williams.
The 6-foot-1, 241-pound Williams was taken with the 124th overall pick out of Connecticut. He's one of five drafted players signed by Houston, also including tackle David Quessenberry, receiver Alan Bonner, defensive tackle Chris Jones and tight end Ryan Griffin.
Williams started 30 of 50 games he played in for Connecticut and had a school-record 30 1/2 career sacks.
Other signings, cuts this week
The Houston Texans announced they have signed free agent center Tyler Horn and released running back George Winn and tackle Dann O'Neill.
The team also said Wednesday it had signed running back/kick returner Deji Karim, announced earlier this week by his agent on Twitter.
Like Karim, Horn tried out at the Texans rookie mini-camp. Horn, signed out of Miami as a free agent by Atlanta in 2012, spent the final nine weeks of last season on the Tennessee Titans practice squad.
Both Winn and O'Neill signed with the Texans on May 10 as undrafted college free agents.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan