Houston Texans sign 4th-round pick, LB Trevardo Williams
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans have signed fourth-round draft pick linebacker Trevardo Williams.
The 6-foot-1, 241-pound Williams was taken with the 124th overall pick out of Connecticut. He's one of five drafted players signed by Houston, also including tackle David Quessenberry, receiver Alan Bonner, defensive tackle Chris Jones and tight end Ryan Griffin.
Williams started 30 of 50 games he played in for Connecticut and had a school-record 30 1/2 career sacks.
Other signings, cuts this week
The Houston Texans announced they have signed free agent center Tyler Horn and released running back George Winn and tackle Dann O'Neill.
The team also said Wednesday it had signed running back/kick returner Deji Karim, announced earlier this week by his agent on Twitter.
Like Karim, Horn tried out at the Texans rookie mini-camp. Horn, signed out of Miami as a free agent by Atlanta in 2012, spent the final nine weeks of last season on the Tennessee Titans practice squad.
Both Winn and O'Neill signed with the Texans on May 10 as undrafted college free agents.
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat