Texans Safety Keo gets spotlight with Reed out
SAN DIEGO, CA (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans are starting the season on the national stage -- Monday Night Football! The fans and players are ready for the match-up out on the west coast against the San Diego Chargers in a game you'll see on ABC13!
Various reports say Ed Reed will not play tonight. Texans Coach Gary Kubiak gave us progress reports on Reed last week, but now it looks doubtful.
That moves one of Kubiak's favorites in to a prominent role against San Diego. Third-year player Shilo Keo took a big leap forward this offseason and had a rock-solid presesason.
He'll share safety responsibilities with Danieal Manning and DJ Swearingen. Keo says he's prepared for this moment for years and knows what it takes to play well in the NFL.
"It's year three. I understand our defense so much more, night and day difference," he said. "It's allowed me to think less out there and just play the game I love, play the game I've played all my life."
Keo will need to play well if Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers is on his game.
The game starts at 9:20pm and you can catch it on ABC13!
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 15 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 18 min ago
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 1 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record 53 min ago
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 8 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 58 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Million Dog March protest held in Georgia
33 min ago