Texans Safety Keo gets spotlight with Reed out
SAN DIEGO, CA (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans are starting the season on the national stage -- Monday Night Football! The fans and players are ready for the match-up out on the west coast against the San Diego Chargers in a game you'll see on ABC13!
Various reports say Ed Reed will not play tonight. Texans Coach Gary Kubiak gave us progress reports on Reed last week, but now it looks doubtful.
That moves one of Kubiak's favorites in to a prominent role against San Diego. Third-year player Shilo Keo took a big leap forward this offseason and had a rock-solid presesason.
He'll share safety responsibilities with Danieal Manning and DJ Swearingen. Keo says he's prepared for this moment for years and knows what it takes to play well in the NFL.
"It's year three. I understand our defense so much more, night and day difference," he said. "It's allowed me to think less out there and just play the game I love, play the game I've played all my life."
Keo will need to play well if Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers is on his game.
The game starts at 9:20pm and you can catch it on ABC13!
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale