Seattle police to dress as 49ers fans for Sunday's game
SEATTLE -- Police in Seattle are changing uniforms to deal with unruly fans at this Sunday's showdown between the Seahawks and 49ers.
The Seahawks announced Thursday that undercover cops will patrol CenturyLink field dressed as 49ers fans.
The officers will be tasked with upholding the Seahawks' fan code of conduct, which prohibits foul or abusive language, intoxication and physical harassment.
Fans breaking the code will be kicked out and forced to take an online course if they want to return in the future.
Seattle fans are among loudest in the National Football League, making their home field of the toughest places for opposing teams to play.
nfl, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident