Andre Johnson suffers shin bruise in loss to Ravens
BALTIMORE, MD -- For the second straight week, all eyes will be on the recovery of Andre Johnson.
The Texans' star receiver recovered from a concussion suffered against the Titans to play in Sunday 30-9 loss to the Ravens, only to be forced out of the game with a shin bruise in the first half.
Johnson was examined Monday and is "OK," according to Texans coach Gary Kubiak, but Johnson will be day to day as the Texans prepare for the unbeaten Seahawks.
Kubiak says "all the X-rays are fine, so it's just a matter of working him back through it. It's just the matter of a day-to-day process."
Having Johnson back would help Houston address some of issues that led to Sunday's sobering loss. The Texans were their own worst enemy as they set a franchise record for penalties (14 for 113), and allowed two non-offense touchdowns.
Sports Director Greg Bailey is in Baltimore for today's game. Watch for his reports on Eyewitness News. And get a complete wrap-up on Inside the Game tonight at 10:35pm on ABC13
houston texans, nfl, nfl
- College student from Baytown fatally shot 11 min ago
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Scary passenger plane landing attempt
46 min ago