McCoy: 'I think Michael Vick is the starting QB'
LeSean McCoy has an idea who should be new coach Chip Kelly's starting quarterback with the Philadelphia Eagles next season: Michael Vick.
"I think Michael Vick is the starting quarterback," McCoy said in an interview with NJ.com.
McCoy, the club's No. 1 running back, came to his conclusion after recently working out with the embattled Vick, who he said is determined to the win the job over Nick Foles. Kelly also recently added Dennis Dixon, who played under him while he was offensive coordinator at Oregon, to the quarterback mix in Philadelphia.
"People forget -- this is Michael Vick," McCoy said. "He's got a lot to prove this year, but he's ready to roll. He knows people are questioning if he can get it done, and he's gonna prove this year he can."
It was a bit of a surprise that the rebuilding Eagles re-signed Vick to a one-year contract after a rough 2012 season that was plagued by turnovers and injuries. Vick, who will turn 33 in June, passed for 2,362 yards with 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 games last season, his fourth with the Eagles.
Vick seems equipped to run the aggressive, up-tempo offense that Kelly is bringing to the Eagles from Oregon. Kelly's offense is predicated on designed runs, but Vick has struggled with that aspect of his game. Over the past two seasons, Vick has averaged 6.7 yards per rush on scrambles but just 1.7 yards per rush on designed runs, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
Kelly has not said whether Vick or Foles, who went 1-5 as the starter last season, will work with the first-team offense in training camp.
Information from ESPN Stats & Information was used in this report.
- Will Justin Beiber be at Houston rodeo? 57 min ago
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead 54 min ago
- Transgender woman sues CrossFit over competition
- Fort Hood soldier accused in prostitute case
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos