Texans sign DE Antonio Smith
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Texans have signed free agent defensive end Antonio Smith.
Smith was a key defensive member of the Arizona Cardinals Super Bowl team and one of the hottest defensive end free agents.
The 6-4, 285 lbs. Smith had 2.0 sacks and a forced fumble in the Cardinals playoff run this season. Smith has spent all four years of his pro career in Arizona.
The Texans hope he will be the answer they have been looking for to help take the double teams off Mario Williams.
The terms of the deal are five years for $35 million, of which $12.5 million is guaranteed money.
Stay with Eyewitness Sports and abc13.com for the latest Texans news.
teams, tim melton
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 15 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual' 17 min ago
- Police investigate shooting in SE Houston
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 18 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- No more playing in the street, says Florida HOA
- Seattle bus passengers turn tables on robbery suspect
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos