Texans announce 2010 preseason schedule
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Texans preseason scheduled was announced Wednesday and the team will take on four NFC opponents including in-state rival Dallas. Three of the four preseason games will be televised on ABC13.The Texans begin preseason play on the road in Arizona followed by a trip to New Orleans to face the World Champion Saints. Houston hosts Dallas the next week then rounds out the preseason with a familiar foe, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, at Reliant Stadium. The exact dates aren't yet set ,but Houston will play at Arizona, sometime between August 12-15, for the second time in team history. In the 2007 preseason, the Texans beat the Cardinals 33-20. The following week, sometime between August 19-22, the Texans travel to New Orleans for the second time in three years. Houston holds a 2-1 preseason series lead and a 2-0 advantage in New Orleans. The Texans host the Cowboys for the first time since 2007 on Saturday, August 28, and the game will be televised to a nationwide audience at 7pm. Houston and Dallas meet for the sixth time in preseason with the Cowboys leading the series 3-2, and the home team winning every preseason contest. The game marks the fourth nationally televised preseason contest in four years under head coach Gary Kubiak. The team closes out the 2010 preseason when they face the Bucs, the only team the Texans have faced during preseason in every year of their nine-year history, on Thursday, September 2. Tampa Bay leads the all-time series 6-2, but the Texans have split in the last four meetings. Specific dates, times and television participants of all preseason games will be released at a later date. The NFL will release specifics of the Texans 2010 regular season schedule in April, but you can see the home and away regular season opponents here. HOUSTON TEXANS 2010 PRESEASON SCHEDULE Date Opponent (Television Network) Kickoff Time
- August 12-15 @ Arizona Cardinals (ABC13) TBA
- August 19-22 @ New Orleans Saints (ABC13) TBA
- Saturday, August 28 DALLAS COWBOYS (CBS-national TV) 7pm CT
- Thursday, September 2 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (ABC13) 7pm CT
Home Games in BOLD.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
houston texans, teams
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 10 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch? 6 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 38 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car