ESPN: Texans QB Schaub out for the season
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Coach Gary Kubiak said earlier Monday that Schaub was out indefinitely after injuring his foot on a quarterback sneak during Houston's 37-9 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday.
Kubiak said Schaub was slated to visit specialists during the team's bye week.
Matt Leinart is now the Texans' starting quarterback.
Kubiak didn't give a timetable for Schaub's return, and Kubiak wouldn't address the idea he could be done for the season with a broken foot.
Schaub has started every game since the start of the 2009 season. He was acquired by the Texans in a trade with Atlanta in March 2007.
Information from ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
houston texans, nfl, teams
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death 24 min ago
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown 1 min ago
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot 15 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench 18 min ago
- Overturned big rig causing rush hour problems on 288 58 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 35 min ago
- Child at center of Amber Alert found safe 35 min ago
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Ancient Egyptian exhibit to expand in Houston
28 min ago