Kubiak: WR Johnson's injury is "mild"
HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson has a "mild" left hamstring injury, though Houston coach Gary Kubiak couldn't say if his star receiver would play at Cincinnati this weekend.
Kubiak says rookie punter Brett Hartmann is out for the season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament late in Sunday's 17-10 win over Atlanta. Kubiak says the Texans will sign a punter this week, possibly Matt Turk, who was cut by Jacksonville in October. Turk played for Houston from 2007-10.
Johnson pulled up in the third quarter of Sunday's game as he was chasing down a deep pass from rookie T.J. Yates, who was making his first NFL start. The five-time Pro Bowl receiver was playing his second game after missing the previous six with a right hamstring injury that required minor surgery.
houston texans, nfl, teams
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 10 min ago
- More details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl 4 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 48 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong storms move through SE Texas 37 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 35 min ago
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents 31 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone