Priest accused of groping teen during "King Kong"
(12/20/05 - MARBLE FALLS, TX) -- A Roman Catholic priest accused of groping a 16-year-old boy at a movie theater during a showing of "King Kong" has been charged with indecency with a child by sexual contact.
Father Paul M. Clogan, 74, was arrested Friday as he left the theater, Marble Falls police Capt. F.T. Goodwin said in Monday's online edition of the Austin American-Statesman. Clogan was free on bond on Monday.
Clogan sat next to the teen in the theater, even though other seats were available, Goodwin said. The boy, who did not know Clogan, told investigators the priest groped him about an hour after the movie started.
Clogan lived in Marble Falls and was serving at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Horseshoe Bay. He has been removed from active ministry until the case is resolved, Austin Bishop Gregory Aymond said.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Truck overturns near La Porte; people asked to avoid area 42 min ago
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire 22 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home 23 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store
- Police seek suspects in N. Houston smash-and-grab
- SWAT standoff ends with man in custody
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run