Priest accused of groping teen during "King Kong"
(12/20/05 - MARBLE FALLS, TX) -- A Roman Catholic priest accused of groping a 16-year-old boy at a movie theater during a showing of "King Kong" has been charged with indecency with a child by sexual contact.
Father Paul M. Clogan, 74, was arrested Friday as he left the theater, Marble Falls police Capt. F.T. Goodwin said in Monday's online edition of the Austin American-Statesman. Clogan was free on bond on Monday.
Clogan sat next to the teen in the theater, even though other seats were available, Goodwin said. The boy, who did not know Clogan, told investigators the priest groped him about an hour after the movie started.
Clogan lived in Marble Falls and was serving at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Horseshoe Bay. He has been removed from active ministry until the case is resolved, Austin Bishop Gregory Aymond said.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks 37 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final