Continental to charge for more legroom in coach
DALLAS, TX -- Continental Airlines will begin charging coach customers extra if they want a seat with more legroom.
Continental said Wednesday that it will give customers the option to buy the roomier seats beginning March 17.
Prices will vary depending on the length of flight and popularity of the route. A spokeswoman says extra room on a Houston-New York flight might cost $59.
The airline doesn't plan to reconfigure its planes but instead will charge extra for those who want to sit in exit-row seats with at least 7 inches more legroom than the other rows in coach.
Top-level members of Continental's frequent-flier program will be able to claim the exit row without extra charge.
continental airlines, state
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 40 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 1 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 11 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 1 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 7 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 9 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 53 min ago
- Students charged after dog forced to drink beer 49 min ago