Fort Bliss soldier killed in Iraq vehicle crash
WASHINGTON -- A 29-year-old Fort Bliss soldier from Tyler is dead after a vehicle rollover while he was serving in Iraq.
The Defense Department says Staff Sgt. Richard J. Jordan died Tuesday of his injuries from the crash.
He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 36th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division at Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Reports of smoke at IAH terminal; HFD investigating 22 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns