Worker killed in Port Arthur refinery accident
PORT ARTHUR, TX -- An industrial accident at the Motiva Enterprises LLC refinery in Port Arthur has claimed one life.
Justice of the Peace Tom Gillam told KFDM-TV that a contract worker died in the accident Monday morning.
The plant is the site of a $7 billion expansion project to double capacity to nearly 600,000 barrels a day.
A statement from Motiva confirms a fatality involving a contract worker happened around 8:30 a.m. Monday in an area where the refinery is being expanded. Motive says the circumstances of the incident are under investigation.
Further details were not immediately released.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos