Worker killed in Port Arthur refinery accident
PORT ARTHUR, TX -- An industrial accident at the Motiva Enterprises LLC refinery in Port Arthur has claimed one life.
Justice of the Peace Tom Gillam told KFDM-TV that a contract worker died in the accident Monday morning.
The plant is the site of a $7 billion expansion project to double capacity to nearly 600,000 barrels a day.
A statement from Motiva confirms a fatality involving a contract worker happened around 8:30 a.m. Monday in an area where the refinery is being expanded. Motive says the circumstances of the incident are under investigation.
Further details were not immediately released.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 1 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 11 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold 34 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait 25 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Video: Flu widespread in Harris County
- Sneak peek at rare art exhibit
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos