Gov. Perry kills 'wily' coyote during jog
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.
Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-point bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in that area.
When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.
Perry's warning: "Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote."
rick perry, state
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 56 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians