Gov. Perry kills 'wily' coyote during jog
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.
Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-point bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in that area.
When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.
Perry's warning: "Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote."
rick perry, state
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Notable events that happened on this date in history
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013 17 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets