Gov. Perry kills 'wily' coyote during jog
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.
Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-point bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in that area.
When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.
Perry's warning: "Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote."
rick perry, state
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 41 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
21 min ago