Police say girl taken from home found safe in TX
HUGO, OK -- Hugo police say a 4-year-old child is safe after she disappeared with a man who claimed to be her father.
Officers alleged that Walter Caffey took the girl from her home about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Lt. John Mitchell said Caffey put the girl in his car and told her brother they were going to get a soda, but they never returned.
Mitchell says Caffey had claimed to the child's father, and told relatives and police he wouldn't be bringing her back. Officers said he was headed for Shreveport, La., with the girl.
A dispatcher said authorities found the two in Paris, Texas, about 4 p.m. and arrested Caffey on a child stealing complaint.
He is being held at the Lamar County jail in Texas on $50,000 bail.
oklahoma, texas, state
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos