Police say girl taken from home found safe in TX
HUGO, OK -- Hugo police say a 4-year-old child is safe after she disappeared with a man who claimed to be her father.
Officers alleged that Walter Caffey took the girl from her home about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Lt. John Mitchell said Caffey put the girl in his car and told her brother they were going to get a soda, but they never returned.
Mitchell says Caffey had claimed to the child's father, and told relatives and police he wouldn't be bringing her back. Officers said he was headed for Shreveport, La., with the girl.
A dispatcher said authorities found the two in Paris, Texas, about 4 p.m. and arrested Caffey on a child stealing complaint.
He is being held at the Lamar County jail in Texas on $50,000 bail.
oklahoma, texas, state
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 38 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 29 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 21 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home