New ways to submit tips on fugitives
AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- Submitting a tip for Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives has gone high-tech.In addition to the Crime Stoppers phone line, concerned citizens can submit tips by text or electronically through the DPS website. Both methods maintain the anonymity of the person submitting the information.
"This will help the program appeal to a younger demographic, generate additional tips, and simply make it more convenient for many people," said DPS Director Steven McCraw. "In addition, rewards were recently increased to $5,000 per fugitive. We need the public's help to put these criminals back behind bars."
From your cell phone, you can text DPS followed by your tip to 274637 (CRIMES). To submit a tip through the DPS website, click on the photo of the fugitive you have information about, and under their picture is a link that allows you to submit a tip.
You also can still call 1-800-252-TIPS (8477). The Crime Stoppers hotline is open 24 hours a day. You do not have to give your name when calling.
Here is the current list of the Top 10 fugitives: [ SEE THEIR PHOTOS ]
- Binus Jackson IV, 41, last known address was: Waco. Wanted for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, robbery by threat and parole violations.
- Robert Barrera Jr., 27, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
- George Felix Deleon, 40, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon's criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
- Gwen Komahcheet, 59, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
- Gaspar E. Loya III, 35, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
- Jose H. Morales, 47, last known address: San Antonio. Wanted for failure to register as a sex offender.
- Rene Morales Munoz, 42, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
- Leeroy Suarez, 27, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
- Ngoc Van Tran, 40, last known address: Amarillo. Wanted for murder, delivery of a controlled substance and burglary of a habitation.
- Richard Zuniga, 30, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
DPS urges caution around these fugitives. Any fugitive should be considered armed and dangerous.
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 11 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters save dog from house fire in Conroe 3 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze 55 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it terminated 36 min ago
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- David Tillman's weather forecast
38 min ago