Coastal Texas tot dies in hot car
ARANSAS PASS, TX -- Sheriff's deputies and child-welfare investigators continue their probe of the death of an 18-month-old coastal Texas boy after he was left inside a parked vehicle.
The incident happened Sunday afternoon on the northern edge of Aransas Pass. Aransas County sheriff's deputies Anthony Michael Hickey's family was visiting the child's great-grandmother when he went missing. A search found him unresponsive in the family sport utility vehicle.
Paramedics found him in cardiac arrest and had him airlifted to a Corpus Christi hospital, where he was dead on arrival.
The National Weather Service reports afternoon temperatures in the Aransas Pass area reached the low 90s, but with heat index levels exceeding 100 degrees.
No charges have been filed, but the investigation continues.
Aransas Pass is almost 20 miles northeast of Corpus Christi.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 55 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon