Texas hip hop star shedding the pounds
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- While many of us are pondering how we're going to work off those extra pounds from Thanksgiving dinner, a Texas hip hop star is already doing it.The rising performer has already lost nearly a hundred pounds. How'd he do it? With determination and hard work
In his breakout hit music video, hip hop artist "Chalie Boy" rapped about looking good.
Lyrics of the song include, "I look fly. I look good! I look good! I look good! I look good!"
But in reality, he didn't feel that way. That's because, at 5-foot-5, the Hearne native was heavier than he'd ever been in his life.
"I got up to 305," he said. "So it was like, I need to do something."
Under the watch of trainer Ronnie Wilson, "Chalie Boy" began a rigorous workout routine, one that pushed his body to the limit and tested his resolve.
It's worked. Since January, he's lost almost 100 pounds.
"I feel lighter, more energetic," he said. "I feel a lot better about myself. And it's also pushed me in the light of that weight is just like mental stress on you."
"I put him on a strict diet," said Wilson. "When you know, when you take a guy who's used to eating whatever he wants to now saying, 'Look, you have to eat this and this and this at this time, at this time and at this time,' it's kind of hard. But like I say, one thing about him, he was a soldier about the situation."
Now "Chalie Boy" is showing off his new and improved physique in a new music video for his new release called, "Deja Blu"
But it's his debut single that comes to mind when friends and family see the trimmed-down hip hop star.
"Due to my, uh, breakout single, 'I Look Good', that's the main comment," he said.
"Chalie Boy" says he's not done yet. He wants to lose another 15 pounds to reach his target weight loss goal.
state, melanie lawson
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 9 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 2 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 22 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Champion boxer Juan Diaz doesn't quit
43 min ago