Texas hip hop star shedding the pounds
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- While many of us are pondering how we're going to work off those extra pounds from Thanksgiving dinner, a Texas hip hop star is already doing it.The rising performer has already lost nearly a hundred pounds. How'd he do it? With determination and hard work
In his breakout hit music video, hip hop artist "Chalie Boy" rapped about looking good.
Lyrics of the song include, "I look fly. I look good! I look good! I look good! I look good!"
But in reality, he didn't feel that way. That's because, at 5-foot-5, the Hearne native was heavier than he'd ever been in his life.
"I got up to 305," he said. "So it was like, I need to do something."
Under the watch of trainer Ronnie Wilson, "Chalie Boy" began a rigorous workout routine, one that pushed his body to the limit and tested his resolve.
It's worked. Since January, he's lost almost 100 pounds.
"I feel lighter, more energetic," he said. "I feel a lot better about myself. And it's also pushed me in the light of that weight is just like mental stress on you."
"I put him on a strict diet," said Wilson. "When you know, when you take a guy who's used to eating whatever he wants to now saying, 'Look, you have to eat this and this and this at this time, at this time and at this time,' it's kind of hard. But like I say, one thing about him, he was a soldier about the situation."
Now "Chalie Boy" is showing off his new and improved physique in a new music video for his new release called, "Deja Blu"
But it's his debut single that comes to mind when friends and family see the trimmed-down hip hop star.
"Due to my, uh, breakout single, 'I Look Good', that's the main comment," he said.
"Chalie Boy" says he's not done yet. He wants to lose another 15 pounds to reach his target weight loss goal.
state, melanie lawson
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 3 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak