Dallas couple arrested in Miss. shooting death
GULFPORT, MI -- U.S. marshals in Texas have arrested a Dallas man and woman in a December shooting death in Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports 32-year-old Michael Leon Banks of Gulfport was shot in the chest. He died a short time later at a local hospital
U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force members arrested 29-year-old Luis Almanza and 25-year-old Mariana Farias in Dallas this week. Almanza is charged with capital murder and Farias with accessory after the fact.
Police believe the two were acquainted with Banks. Both are in the custody of the Dallas County Sheriff's Office, awaiting extradition to Mississippi.
texas, mississippi, state
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 25 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 26 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game