Dallas couple arrested in Miss. shooting death
GULFPORT, MI -- U.S. marshals in Texas have arrested a Dallas man and woman in a December shooting death in Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports 32-year-old Michael Leon Banks of Gulfport was shot in the chest. He died a short time later at a local hospital
U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force members arrested 29-year-old Luis Almanza and 25-year-old Mariana Farias in Dallas this week. Almanza is charged with capital murder and Farias with accessory after the fact.
Police believe the two were acquainted with Banks. Both are in the custody of the Dallas County Sheriff's Office, awaiting extradition to Mississippi.
texas, mississippi, state
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 4 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes 48 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 15 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier