San Antonio couple, 92, to marry Saturday
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- She calls him Mr. Massey.
About 150 people are expected to attend Saturday's wedding in San Antonio for 92-year-olds Jewel Etter and Holman Massey.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that Etter and her betrothed, who's a former mayor of the town of George West, met about three years ago in a grief counseling group. Both of their spouses had died.
Etter and Massey became bridge partners. They share a love for the San Antonio Spurs.
Massey is a retired lieutenant colonel who spent 26 years in the Air Force. Etter worked at San Antonio City Hall.
Their children are helping with the wedding arrangements.
texas, valentine's day, state
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone