Chicago man arrested in Texas in NM killings
TUCUMCARI, NM -- A 33-year-old Chicago man has been arrested in the killings of two men at a Tucumcari, N.M., hotel.
New Mexico state police spokesman Eric Garcia said Monday that Muziwokuthula "Muzie" Madonda was arrested without incident in Conroe, Texas outside of Houston on two counts of murder and tampering with evidence.
It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Madonda is awaiting extradition back to New Mexico to face the charges, which stem from the deaths of 37-year-old Gabriel Baca and 57-year-old Bobby Gonzales, both of Tucumcari.
A family member who looked through a window at the Tucumcari Inn found the men's bodies Thursday.
It's unclear how the men were killed.
texas, new mexico, state
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 10 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 6 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure 1 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham 21 min ago
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns 30 min ago
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co. 1 min ago
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- First-time attendees in awe of rodeo
27 min ago