TX Gov. Rick Perry undergoing minor back surgery
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry is scheduled to undergo minor surgery, a procedure that was scheduled months ago.
A spokesman for the governor said Friday's surgery will hopefully correct a recurring back ailment. Mark Miner said the operation will have no impact on the governor's ability to fulfill his duties. The 61-year-old governor is an avid runner and in good health.
Perry has said he is considering a run for the presidency in 2012. He returned from a trip to California on Thursday night, where he met with potential donors in Beverly Hills and with lawmakers who started a "Draft Rick Perry for President" campaign.
Perry's advisors have said the governor is still weeks away from making a decision on whether to launch a bid for the White House.
texas, rick perry, state
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 12 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 2 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus 46 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 1 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 50 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May