Wanted DWI suspects on San Antonio billboards
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Digital billboards in the San Antonio area will feature the names and photos of suspected drunken drivers who are sought.Police and Bexar County authorities announced the program Monday in an effort to get the felony offenders to surrender. Use of the dozen billboards has been donated by Clear Channel Outdoor as a public service.
The billboards will feature drivers sought for charges also including intoxication assault or vehicular manslaughter.
Police Chief William McManus says the city has had nearly 3,500 DWI arrests so far this year.
The billboards project is supported by the group Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 6 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 57 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves