Wanted DWI suspects on San Antonio billboards
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- Digital billboards in the San Antonio area will feature the names and photos of suspected drunken drivers who are sought.Police and Bexar County authorities announced the program Monday in an effort to get the felony offenders to surrender. Use of the dozen billboards has been donated by Clear Channel Outdoor as a public service.
The billboards will feature drivers sought for charges also including intoxication assault or vehicular manslaughter.
Police Chief William McManus says the city has had nearly 3,500 DWI arrests so far this year.
The billboards project is supported by the group Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama 35 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 8 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Missouri City family gets backyard back 20 min ago
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist 41 min ago
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot