Two Texas women killed in rollover in New Mexico
HOBBS, NM -- Authorities say two women from Texas are dead after a rollover crash in New Mexico.
State Police say the accident occurred about 11:45 p.m. Saturday some eight miles north of Hobbs.
Police say 34-year-old Mary Guenther and 24-year-old Leaila Burleson were passengers in a vehicle driven by 21-year-old Shasta Eastteam.
All of the women are from Denver City, Texas.
Authorities say Eastteam overcorrected on State Road 132 and the vehicle rolled several times.
They say Eastteam and Guenther were ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
Buerleson survived and police say she was the only person in the vehicle wearing a seat belt.
Authorities tell KOB-TV that alcohol has been ruled out as a contributing factor to the fatal crash.
texas, new mexico, state
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 21 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle 14 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 33 min ago
- David Tillman's weather forecast
50 min ago