Texas ACT scores from class of 2011 average 20.8
DALLAS, TX -- Texas members of the high school class of 2011 have posted ACT college entrance exam scores slightly below the national average.
Officials with ACT Inc., the Iowa-based not-for-profit that administers the test, reported Wednesday that the nationwide average composite score was 21.1 on the 1-to-36 scale. The Texas average composite score was 20.8, which is the same as last year. Twenty-five percent of ACT test-takers across the country met the college-readiness standard in the four core subjects of English, math, reading and science. In Texas, the rate was 24 percent.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 3 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 59 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio 37 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs 4 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
4 min ago