Texas ACT scores from class of 2011 average 20.8
DALLAS, TX -- Texas members of the high school class of 2011 have posted ACT college entrance exam scores slightly below the national average.
Officials with ACT Inc., the Iowa-based not-for-profit that administers the test, reported Wednesday that the nationwide average composite score was 21.1 on the 1-to-36 scale. The Texas average composite score was 20.8, which is the same as last year. Twenty-five percent of ACT test-takers across the country met the college-readiness standard in the four core subjects of English, math, reading and science. In Texas, the rate was 24 percent.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 16 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena 46 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 26 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Minor spill, tar balls cleaned up at Galveston
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Hot and humid with chances of rain today 19 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane 13 min ago
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school 2 min ago
- OK tornado caught on cell phone
28 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos