Mom turns in 12-year-old son for tortoise theft
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A Corpus Christi woman is credited with turning in her 12-year-old son and three of his four buddies for swiping an exotic tortoise.
Police say a 43-year-old man told them two of the boys were in his yard Monday but ran when he approached them. When he looked around the yard, he saw one of his two African spurred tortoises was missing. The animal is worth about $1,500.
A neighbor told him where the boys ran and authorities were able to locate a woman who led them to her son, his friends and the tortoise.
The tortoise is back with its owner. The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports the four boys were detained for suspicion of theft. An 11-year-old also believed involved was being sought.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos