Mom turns in 12-year-old son for tortoise theft
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A Corpus Christi woman is credited with turning in her 12-year-old son and three of his four buddies for swiping an exotic tortoise.
Police say a 43-year-old man told them two of the boys were in his yard Monday but ran when he approached them. When he looked around the yard, he saw one of his two African spurred tortoises was missing. The animal is worth about $1,500.
A neighbor told him where the boys ran and authorities were able to locate a woman who led them to her son, his friends and the tortoise.
The tortoise is back with its owner. The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports the four boys were detained for suspicion of theft. An 11-year-old also believed involved was being sought.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale