Mom turns in 12-year-old son for tortoise theft
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX -- A Corpus Christi woman is credited with turning in her 12-year-old son and three of his four buddies for swiping an exotic tortoise.
Police say a 43-year-old man told them two of the boys were in his yard Monday but ran when he approached them. When he looked around the yard, he saw one of his two African spurred tortoises was missing. The animal is worth about $1,500.
A neighbor told him where the boys ran and authorities were able to locate a woman who led them to her son, his friends and the tortoise.
The tortoise is back with its owner. The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports the four boys were detained for suspicion of theft. An 11-year-old also believed involved was being sought.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos