Agents release man detained near George W. Bush's home
DALLAS, TX (KTRK) -- The Secret Service has released a man it detained near the home of former president George W. Bush in Dallas, our ABC affiliate in Dallas is reporting.
The man was detained next door to the president's home on Tuesday afternoon for having a gun. Investigators say the man had made some comments about having a spiritual connection to the former president and said he just wanted to talk to him.
A gun was found in the glove compartment of the man's vehicle, but he has a permit for it.
He was determined not to be a threat and has been cooperative with authorities even after he was released from their custody.
The Bushes were not home when the incident occurred.
texas, george w. bush, state
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom 5 min ago
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 21 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds 3 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home 58 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 25 min ago
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect 24 min ago
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets 41 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle