German Defense Minister visits El Paso and NM
EL PASO, TX -- The office of German Defense Minister Thomas de Maiziere says he'll visit German military personnel stationed in West Texas and southeast New Mexico.
The minister is in North America for a five-day visit to the U.S. and Canada where he will meet top army and diplomatic officials.
De Maiziere's office said in a Tuesday release that he'll meet Wednesday with German troops training at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, and airmen training at Holloman Air Force Base, in southeast New Mexico.
German troops train at Fort Bliss in the use of the Patriot missiles, among other programs, while Luftwaffe members train to fly Tornado fighters at Holloman.
De Maiziere will meet with his American counterpart Leon Panetta Thursday to discuss developments in Afghanistan and within NATO.
texas, new mexico, state
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 43 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 44 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations 41 min ago
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank 48 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 5 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood 45 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos