Four die in fiery multi-vehicle wreck in Midland area
MIDLAND, TX -- Investigators say four people have died in a fiery multi-vehicle accident that closed a West Texas interstate for several hours.
I-20 near Midland International Airport reopened Thursday night.
Names of the four victims in three vehicles were not immediately released. Authorities say the driver of a fourth vehicle survived.
Midland Fire Department official David Hickman says debris from Thursday afternoon's wreck ended up more than 100 feet from the highway.
The Department of Public Safety says a tractor-trailer rig traveling east on I-20 apparently went off the road and hit a westbound 18-wheeler. Officials say a truck hauling cattle then drove through the fiery scene and crashed.
DPS says a pickup then hit some boxes of produce being hauled by one of the big rigs. The pickup driver survived.
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 22 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 37 min ago
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home