Texas teacher arrested, accused of sex with 2 boys
AUSTIN, TX -- A 32-year-old Central Texas middle school teacher has been arrested after being accused of having sex with two students.
Travis County Jail records show Holly Marie Lopez of Pflugerville was in custody Friday on charges of aggravated sexual assault.
Bond is $100,000 for Lopez, who was booked Thursday. Online jail records did not list an attorney for her.
Officials say Lopez allegedly gave condoms to the 13-year-old and 14-year-old boys and had sex with them at the older child's home on Feb. 11.
The Lexington Independent School District says Lopez was put on administrative leave about two weeks ago when the allegations became public. Supt. Frances McArthur says Lopez later resigned.
Lopez was special education math teacher in Lexington, located 50 miles east of Austin.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck