San Antonio man accidentally shoots, kills friend
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- San Antonio police say the fatal shooting of a Marine as he visited a couple appears to have been an accident.
Police say the victim was killed Sunday night by a friend.
The victim's name and further details on his military service were not immediately released.
Lt. Lee Rakun says the resident was apparently handling a shotgun when he pointed it at his friend and the weapon discharged.
Police say a woman was also at the home at the time of the fatal shooting.
No charges were immediately filed.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 6 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 58 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 11 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course 43 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects