Dallas man, 30, dies in mud run and his body was recovered from river
FORT WORTH, TX -- The body of a 30-year-old Dallas man who was participating in a so-called mud run has been recovered from the Trinity River.
Fort Worth police say they do not suspect foul play in the death of Tony Weathers. An autopsy has been scheduled for Monday.
The Original Mud Run DFW, with two obstacle courses through water and mud, took place Saturday in Fort Worth. Family and friends reported Weathers missing when he did not show up following the end of the competition.
Fire department officials say the man's body was recovered Sunday along the race route.
- Child killed by falling tree branch 4 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby