Dallas man, 30, dies in mud run and his body was recovered from river
FORT WORTH, TX -- The body of a 30-year-old Dallas man who was participating in a so-called mud run has been recovered from the Trinity River.
Fort Worth police say they do not suspect foul play in the death of Tony Weathers. An autopsy has been scheduled for Monday.
The Original Mud Run DFW, with two obstacle courses through water and mud, took place Saturday in Fort Worth. Family and friends reported Weathers missing when he did not show up following the end of the competition.
Fire department officials say the man's body was recovered Sunday along the race route.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 39 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels 55 min ago
- One killed in west Houston wreck 58 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant