Austin woman gets 35 years over dumped dead boy
AUSTIN, TX -- A Central Texas woman has been sentenced to 35 years in prison over the fatal beating of her ex-boyfriend's 5-year-old son.
Austin police say the bruised body of Julian Soliz was found dumped in a yard in April 2010.
A jury on Friday convicted 24-year-old Nichole Turner of Austin of injury to a child. She was sentenced Monday.
A candlelight vigil was held for the boy after his body was discovered abandoned. An autopsy determined the child, who was being cared for by Turner, had suffered a beating and sustained internal injuries.
Authorities say Turner later admitted beating the youngster with a belt.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos