Third teen arrested in fatal Dallas shooting
DALLAS, TX -- A third teen has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a grandfather who tried to protect his family from masked intruders in his Dallas home.
Police say a 16-year-old boy is being held on a capital murder charge after being arrested Wednesday at a high school in suburban Richardson. He is the third teen accused of killing 66-year-old Lorenzo Moreno early Sunday.
Authorities say a group of teenagers went to Moreno's house because one of the teens had a feud with Moreno's granddaughter. An argument quickly escalated. Moreno was shot, and his granddaughter, wife and son were beaten. A television was also stolen.
The 16-year-old girl believed to be feuding with Moreno's granddaughter is in custody, as is her 17-year-old boyfriend.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 30 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack