Third teen arrested in fatal Dallas shooting
DALLAS, TX -- A third teen has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a grandfather who tried to protect his family from masked intruders in his Dallas home.
Police say a 16-year-old boy is being held on a capital murder charge after being arrested Wednesday at a high school in suburban Richardson. He is the third teen accused of killing 66-year-old Lorenzo Moreno early Sunday.
Authorities say a group of teenagers went to Moreno's house because one of the teens had a feud with Moreno's granddaughter. An argument quickly escalated. Moreno was shot, and his granddaughter, wife and son were beaten. A television was also stolen.
The 16-year-old girl believed to be feuding with Moreno's granddaughter is in custody, as is her 17-year-old boyfriend.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone