Dallas-area band director allegedly sexted girl
DALLAS, TX -- A Dallas-area middle school band director has been accused of texting sexually explicit messages to a 15-year-old student.
Grapevine police say John McDaniel was arrested Thursday, on the last day of school, and charged with soliciting a minor online and having improper relations with a student.
Investigators say the 32-year-old educator at Colleyville Middle School allegedly had inappropriate exchanges with the girl for several years. McDaniel, who's free on bond, has been placed on administrative leave.
Police say the girl's brother was checking her email last weekend when he came upon a nude photo of her that allegedly was sent to McDaniel.
Grapevine police on Friday did not immediately provide additional information on whether McDaniel has an attorney.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 57 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 54 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant