Texas man swept away on Colorado River field trip
MOAB, UT -- Utah authorities are searching for a 21-year-old Texas man who fell into the Colorado River during a trip with University of Texas at El Paso geology students.
Officials at the Grand County Sheriff's Office in eastern Utah say the man was trying to follow six other people through the river and to an island across from the Gold Bar Recreation Area about 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say the man fell into the river and was swept downstream. Deputies say the group of people on the island tried to rescue him, but didn't find him.
Rescuers searched with boats, divers, and a helicopter on Wednesday, and say they're resuming the search Thursday.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area 10 min ago
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- Houston city pools open for the summer
- City Elections in Houston: The Disappearing Urban Voters
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA 6 min ago
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboars, rides toy cars