Glass artwork damaged during Dallas hailstorm
DALLAS, TX -- An outdoor glass exhibit in Dallas by famed artist Chihuly has been damaged in storms packing hail the size of baseballs.
Dallas Arboretum officials say several pieces of Chihuly artwork suffered minor damage Wednesday night. Arboretum crews gently picked up broken glass from the displays.
An arboretum official did not immediately provide further details Thursday. A message left with a publicist for artist Dale Chihuly was not immediately returned.
Some vehicles had busted windshields. Several skylights were smashed at NorthPark Center mall. Damage estimates were not immediately available.
Fannin County officials say three people were transported to a hospital when storms damaged some mobile homes in the Randolph area, about 60 miles northeast of Dallas. A dispatcher Thursday had no additional details.
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Sketch of suspect in west Houston sexual assault released
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested 27 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday 33 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Party big... and save big too! 50 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized...
15 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos