Bomb squads search Plano home after explosion
PLANO, TX -- The FBI and bomb squads have searched a Dallas-area home after a man allegedly carrying explosives was hurt when something detonated.
Atmos Energy is cooperating with the investigation into what may have caused a gas line leak.
Law officers Monday night were seen hauling boxes from a Plano house. The FBI and Plano police did not immediately provide additional details Tuesday.
Several 911 calls after an explosion early Monday led police to a seriously injured man.
Officer David Tilley says the man apparently was carrying a device when it exploded in his arms. Police are trying to determine what explosives were involved. Tilley says the gas regulator system suffered minor damage.
The man was taken to a hospital. His name and further details on his condition haven't been released.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword