6 hospitalized from car fumes at Austin apartments
AUSTIN, TX -- Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.
Austin Fire Department and police officials on Monday did not immediately provide names or further medical details.
Emergency officials say the injured include a man and a woman who were discovered unconscious in the vehicle Sunday morning.
Fire department Battalion Chief Thayer Smith says carbon monoxide alarms went off in nearby units and 10 people had inhaled fumes. Four were transported to a hospital, while six others declined treatment.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos