Nearly 3 million Texans to travel for holiday
IRVING, TX -- AAA Texas says nearly 3 million Texans will travel to celebrate the Fourth of July.
With the holiday falling on Wednesday, AAA Texas is considering the holiday travel period as Tuesday through Sunday. The organization forecasts that 54 percent of the travelers already left over the weekend and the remaining 46 percent will leave Monday through Wednesday.
Most of the 2.98 million Texans who will travel this week will go by vehicle.
The group found that 2.5 million will travel by automobile, 276,000 will travel by air and 217,000 will travel by other means, including trains, buses and cruise ships.
AAA Texas says a recent decline in gas prices may have encouraged more people to travel. The statewide average price for gas is $3.20 for a gallon of regular unleaded
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 41 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- House party ends with one dead, 3 others injured 11 min ago
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos